This is reblogged from weareallhischildren.word.com. It is a reminder that everyone needs to be aware of child abuse and report
Child Abuse in America
Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year more than 3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States
involving more than 6 million children. Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education. The United States has among the worst records among industrialized nations –
– SEVEN children DIE every day as a result of child abuse and neglect.
– A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds
– Between 50-60% of maltreatment fatalities are not recorded as such.
– Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.
– 95% of juvenile sexual abuse victims, know their perpetrator.
The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States
for 2008 is $124 billion.
View original post 57 more words